- @MargaretGrace_ I think I know this 3-year-old. :) 1 day ago
- @joshphilpot Seriously. Probably just looking to set some dirty screens anywhere he can. 2 days ago
- @joshphilpot Our inner pessimists agree. But what a bizarre/intriguing roster. 2 days ago
- @A_David_B Always believe the liberal German commentators. :) 2 days ago
- Me: [casually sings a line from a song] Willa, 3 yrs old: [sings the exact same line and says] “*That’s* how you do it.” 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2012
I will never forget the first time I watched this video. It tells the story of Zac Smith, and it’d be well worth your time to watch it. I hope you are stirred to love and good works and encouraged to … Continue reading
This book on writing was a lot of fun. The guy knows how to write. If I included all of his helpful insights and catchy phrasing it’d make for a long post, so here’s a handful. 1. “When people are … Continue reading
Great song here by Matt Redman. Psalm 103.
Perhaps it’s because I’m a fan of Duke basketball, but this is awesome.
There are a number of metaphors for the church in the New Testament: flock (Acts 20:28), household (1 Tim 3:15), temple (1 Cor 3:16), and body (1 Cor 12:12-31), for example. Each image implies that we can identify who belongs and also that survival depends … Continue reading
Perhaps we’re scared of commitment. Maybe we’re allergic to authority. Certainly we’re weary of any insider/outside distinction. Whatever it is, a lot of people are skeptical about church membership. Is it really necessary? Is it really biblical? The New Testament assumes church membership and implies … Continue reading
Make the book live to me, O Lord. Show me yourself within your Word. Show me myself and show me my Savior, and make the book live to me, for Jesus’ sake. Amen. -Hudson Pope